Daily Archives: 08/02/2013

The many languages of London

The London Evening Standard has reported on statistics from the 2011 Census showing that 78 per cent of the capital’s residents speak English as their main language, with the remaining 22 per cent, equivalent to just over 1.7 million people, speaking another first language.

Posted in News