Back to all News items

The University’s Modern Languages department has signed a new collaborative agreement with the British Council, which will see further expansion of its online MA in English Language Teaching.

The Masters was developed by staff in Modern Languages in collaboration with the British Council distance learning unit in Mexico City. The course has been delivered jointly since 2008, working mainly with Government sponsored Mexican university teaching staff. It is the only collaboration of this sort that the British Council is involved in.

This new phase will see the British Council promoting the MA globally through its network of regional offices and we expect growing numbers of students to take the programme from 2014/15.

For further information about the University’s online MA in English Language Teaching, visit the Humanities website.

Posted By :

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

36 Responses to New partnership between British Council and University of Southampton to further expand University’s online MA in English Language Teaching

1. Van Nguyen says:

Hi,
    If i have completed the DELTA or (parts of it), but do not meet the entry requirements (BA grades) needed to for the program, will the having thee DELTA help me gain acceptance into the program?

Also, will having the DELTA and therefore getting 1 or 2 modules worth of credits lower the cost fo the program?

2. Patricia Isabel GOMEZ says:

I would like to know if this MA is available for Argentina. Kind regards, Pat

3. Will Baker says:

You would need to have 2 years teaching experience or equivalent to undertake the programme. More details can be found at: http://www.soton.ac.uk/humanities/postgraduate/taught_courses/taught_courses/modern_languages/r900_ma_english_language_teaching_online.page.

Best
    Will (Programme convenor)

4. Andrew Davey says:

Hi everyone,

The fees for the online MA are £7,500 in total, to be paid in three equal payments. Further details, interactive samples and an introductory video are all available from the MA English Language Teaching: Online webpage.

Hope this helps!

Andrew

5. Nata says:

6. Diana says:

hi, could you give me exact information about online MA in English Language Teaching. Requirements? Deadlines? Fees?

7. Ahmad Moussa says:

Dear all,
    I wanted to know if you have prfessional development for teachersof English whether online or on campus or you don’t.
    Ahmad
    MA Tesol

8. Catherine Watkins Işık says:

I would like further information regarding the MA in English language teaching. Price, hours per week etc.
    Hope to hear from you soon. Catherine

9. Amanbike Kogabayeva says:

I think it will be great for teachers of English Language,
    I am an English Teacher from Kazakhstan ( Khromtau )and I would like to take part in this online MA. Thanks the British Council for support

10. Gilberto Narvaez says:

I would like to know the requirements and fees. Thanks.

11. ONG KIM LIAN says:

I had a Bachelor degree with 2nd class lower honours from Uni of Birm, UK. I majored in Accounting studies and I also professional accountant by qualifications (ACCA and CIMA) With my background, I wonder I can qualify for the course. please email me with the fees and I wish I could join. Bye

12. Heather Smith says:

I would like more information on your MA English Language Teaching online course. I would like to participate in this MA program. I have a degree in Special Education and a TEFL Certification. I would also like prices. I currently live in Nicaragua.

13. Liliam Prytz Nilsson says:

I would like to recieve further information for the on line MA degre on English Language Teaching, I’m from Misiones Argentina. I would like to know abut the fees and requirements.

14. Stephen Gibbons says:

Please could you send me details of the fees and application deadline for the course beginning in January 2014. Thanks.

15. Cristiana Cosoveanu says:

Hello!

I am a teacher in a high-school in Romania. I would like to apply for the online MA in English Language Teaching and I have some questions for you.
    I’d like information concerning the deadline for the application for the January 2014 intake? I’ve just found out about this programme through the British Council Teaching website.
    How much is the fee for the online MA ELT and what are the payment terms?

Thank you!

16. shamsha says:

Hello I want to know more about this & about fee structure

17. Malik Jabr says:

Hello
    I`m an English Language lecturer at University of Tabuk in Saudi Arabia
    I really find this collaboration very interesting one,
    my question is how can I apply for such a thing.
    thanks

18. Vivian Pardo says:

Hi,Iam a translator not a teacher,but I’ve worked as a teacher for almost 30 years, so I’d like to know if I could take this online MA in English Language Teaching.
    Thanks,
    Vivian

19. Ionela Tincu says:

Hi!
    It sounds very interesting to have a Master Degree in English Teaching on-line, but which are the fees? And how long it will take? Thanks!

20. M Kelly says:

Please can you tell me the cost of this MA?

21. Emad Yousef says:

I would like to have some info about admisions and fees. thanks

22. Suzan says:

I’d like to know the fees please. Thanks

23. Raed Ghazi says:

Would you like to send me full information about online English Language Teaching?

24. Iffat Subhani says:

I’m currently teaching in Toronto, and I’d like information on the following:
    1) Are DELTA credits appropriated towards the on-line MA ELT degree?
    2) What is the last application date for the January 2014 intake? Is there a late application fee? I just found out about this program through the British Council Teaching website.
    3) How much is the fee for the online MA ELT and what are the payment terms?
    4) I’ve more than 3.5 years of teaching experience, plus a CELTA qualification and am currently enrolled in a DELTA program, do I still need IELTS?
    5) I did B.A. in English Literature and Economics from the University of Punjab, Pakistan in 1995, and MBA from South Eastern University in 1998. Obtaining sealed official transcripts would be a problem, since I live in Toronto. Would that be a problem?

25. Rita de Cassia Brendaglia Nakadaira says:

I would like to now more about the MA program in Teaching English.I am a teacher in Brazil.I have a post graduation course but I am really intetested in this program.

26. Salahuddin Alhaddad says:

Can I have an idea about tuition fees and methods of payment ?

27. For a while I have been looking into possibilities to expand my skills in English teaching to students with SEN. Your educational set-up seems to meet my needs. I would like more information please.

28. Susan Ord says:

Fees please!

29. Kathy Flower says:

Please could you let me know the cost of the online MA in ELT. I can’t find it anywhere on your site.Thank you.

30. Ariadna perez medrano says:

I would like to receive information regarding the Ma. Thanks in advance!

31. Vanesa Gonzalez says:

Hi, I would like to apply for the online MA in English Language Teaching. Which are the requirements? Deadlines? Fees? Hope to hearing from you soon, best. Vanesa.-

32. Luis Alberto Rivera says: