Back to all News items

New partnership between British Council and University of Southampton to further expand University’s online MA in English Language Teaching

The University’s Modern Languages department has signed a new collaborative agreement with the British Council, which will see further expansion of its online MA in English Language Teaching.

The Masters was developed by staff in Modern Languages in collaboration with the British Council distance learning unit in Mexico City. The course has been delivered jointly since 2008, working mainly with Government sponsored Mexican university teaching staff. It is the only collaboration of this sort that the British Council is involved in.

This new phase will see the British Council promoting the MA globally through its network of regional offices and we expect growing numbers of students to take the programme from 2014/15.

For further information about the University’s online MA in English Language Teaching, visit the Humanities website.

Posted By :