- Next CLLEAR seminar: The effects of structured-input and structured-output tasks on the acquisition of English causative 17/10/2017
- Italian film showing today: La bella società (Gian Paolo Cugno, 2010) 16/10/2017
- Welcome to our University Open Day! 13/10/2017
- CGE Research Seminar today: Launching the Routledge Handbook of English as a Lingua Franca 11/10/2017
- New Italian film season starts today: Veloce come il vento (Matteo Rovere, 2016) 09/10/2017
- Become a Global Citizen – Learn a language at Southampton! 07/09/2017
- Try a language taster at our Lifelong Learning Taster Day 11/08/2017
- Modern Languages graduation today! 19/07/2017
- Southampton launches new EMI MOOC 26/06/2017
- Next TNS seminar: ‘Linguistics, Ethnography and Identities’ 16/06/2017
- Modern Languages and Linguistics to host Year 8 Able Linguist Days 05/06/2017
- EUROCALL Early Bird registration extended 01/06/2017
- Make the most of Early Bird registration for EUROCALL! 25/05/2017
- Next CLLEAR seminar: “How the glottal stop starts: examining children’s use of a rapidly expanding variable” 24/05/2017
- Free intensive Chinese courses for students and staff 18/05/2017
- Next CLLEAR seminar: “The relative effects of isolated and combined structured input and structured output on the acquisition of the English causative forms” – SEMINAR CANCELLED 11/05/2017
- Top 10 position for Linguistics in 2018 Complete University Guide 05/05/2017
- Next CLLEAR seminar: “Heritage Language Reversal: The Production of Articles and Voice Onset Time (VOT) by Japanese Returnees” 02/05/2017
- Next TNS seminar: “A researcher’s tale: Revisiting research through the eyes of a camera and a diverse public” 28/04/2017
- Modern Languages and Linguistics welcomes potential future students for visit day 26/04/2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
Monthly Archives: March 2014
Some of our postgraduate Modern Languages students will be presenting today at the Seventh Annual Postgraduate Conference, taking place at the University of Southampton, Avenue Campus, Lecture Theatres B and C.
TES Connect has published an article by Tony McAleavy, research and development director at CfBT Education Trust, discussing some of the findings that have emerged from the annual Languages Trends survey, published jointly this week by CfBT Education Trust and the British Council.
To read the article in full, visit the TES Connect website.
The Guardian has published an article discussing how the internet and its technologies are eroding many languages, in particular in the Baltic countries, and asks what can be done about it.
The next Centre for Transnational Studies (TNS) seminar will be taking place tomorrow, Wednesday 26th March 2014, at 5:00pm in Lecture Theatre A, Building 65, Avenue Campus. The session will be led by Paris-based film director Cesar Paes and Dr Mark Dinneen from the University of Southampton. All welcome!
Film Studies Research Seminar: ‘Transnational Latin American Art Cinema and New European Funding Landscapes: the Story behind the Credits’
A Film Studies research seminar entitled, ‘Transnational Latin American Art Cinema and New European Funding Landscapes: the Story behind the Credits’, will take place on Tuesday 25th March 2014 at 4pm in Lecture Theatre B, Avenue Campus. The seminar will be led by Dr Deborah Shaw from the University of Portsmouth. All welcome!
The Italian film, L’uomo perfetto (Luca Lucini, 2005), will be showing in Lecture Theatre A, at 6.30pm on Monday 24th March 2014. Review, introduction and discussion by Yasmin Ali.
An article has been published by the Guardian, discussing some recent findings in language learning motivation research, which help us to understand what happens in the brain when we try to learn a language and how this drives our language learning.
The deadline for submitting papers for the ‘Reshaping Languages in Higher Education Conference 2014’ has been extended to Friday 28th March 2014.
For further information about the conference, visit the LLAS website.
The next Centre for Transnational Studies (TNS) seminar will be taking place at 5:00pm on Wednesday 26th March 2014 in Lecture Theatre A, Building 65, Avenue Campus. The session will be led by Paris-based film director Cesar Paes and Dr Mark Dinneen from the University of Southampton.
Parents, teachers or anyone involved or interested in multilingualism can help evaluate resources being created to help families, educators and stakeholders raise children multilingually. This EU-funded “Multilingual Families” project is targeted at preserving the languages and culture of immigrants and the many families with parents with more than one language.