Back to all News items

Modern Languages writer co-authors new book

book

Carmen Martín de León (writer) from Modern Languages at Southampton and Tilman Sánchez-Elsner (illustrator) from the Faculty of Medicine have co-authored “El papel higiénico y otros asuntos de suma importancia”, the first book of the series “El Mundo de Custodio”, Editorial Verbum. Custodio is an apothecary with a big family to feed, a challenge he undertakes during the Spanish “Transición” with a “velvet fist in an iron glove”.

The book has already been presented in Madrid and in Bembibre (León), Custodio’s hometown. In Bembibre the authors decided to donate all proceeds to the Spanish Society of the Hemorrhagic Hereditary Telangiectasia (HHT), to raise awareness and fund research to cure this rare disease. HHT affects 1.4 million people worldwide and, like other rare diseases, draws little attention. However, rare diseases affect 3.5 million people, only in Spain. The second book of the series, “Basado en hechos surrealistas”, is already on its way…

For further details about the book, visit the publisher’s website, or the publication Facebook page.

Posted By :