The University of Southampton, Department of Modern Languages is delighted to be hosting a BALEAP Professional Issues Meeting on Saturday 11th June 2016 at Avenue Campus. The theme is “EMI in Higher Education: the challenges and the opportunities”.
The call for proposals has been extended until Monday 18th April. You can download the submission form here, and if you have any questions please email Mary Page. The themes for this event are as follows:
• How can the EAP tutor best serve the language needs of students in the multilingual, discipline-specific content classroom?
• Is the “E” in “EAP” the same as the “E” in “EMI”?
• Translanguaging in the HE language classroom
• Managing the balance between language knowledge and subject knowledge
• Assessment of language and content: issues for the EAP tutor.
For further information about the event, please visit the Call for Papers.