There are hundreds of reasons to learn a language at Southampton – what are yours?
Here are the choices for learning a language at Southampton:
Within your degree – Centre for Language Study
• beginners to advanced
• 1- or 2-semester modules
• language minors available
Alongside your degree – Language Opportunity
• beginners to intermediate
• up to 20 hours of free language study
• weekly classes or one-week intensive course
Self-access – Library and Learning Commons
• language advisory service (face-to-face and Skype)
• language-learning resources at Avenue Campus
• online language learning
To find out more, click on the links above or on the left-hand menu, or see the Modern Languages website.