- Charity football match – over £800 raised! 08/12/2017
- Next TNS seminar: ‘German and its Worlds: Situating the National and the Transnational in Teaching and Research’ 06/12/2017
- CGE Research Seminar on 6th December: Exploring Brazilian teachers’ attitudes to an ELF-oriented pedagogy 04/12/2017
- Italian film showing today: In guerra per amore (PIF, 2016) 27/11/2017
- Italian film showing today: Se Dio vuole (Edoardo Falcone, 2015) 20/11/2017
- Next TNS seminar: ‘On Cultural Transnationalisms: The case of World(-)literatures in Portuguese’ 16/11/2017
- Italian film showing today: Smetto quando voglio – Masterclass (Sydney Sibilia, 2017) 13/11/2017
- Italian film showing today: Il bell’Antonio (Mauro Bolognini, 1960) 06/11/2017
- From Afrikaans and Albanian to Yoruba and Zulu – with a range of more commonly learnt languages in-between 03/11/2017
- CGE Research Seminar on 8th November: English as a Lingua Franca and language assessment: Challenges and opportunities 03/11/2017
- Italian film showing today: Che vuoi che sia / What’s the Big Deal (Edoardo Leo, 2016) 30/10/2017
- Italian film showing today: L’Onorevole Angelina / Angelina (Luigi Zampa, 1947) 23/10/2017
- Next CLLEAR seminar: The effects of structured-input and structured-output tasks on the acquisition of English causative 17/10/2017
- Italian film showing today: La bella società (Gian Paolo Cugno, 2010) 16/10/2017
- Welcome to our University Open Day! 13/10/2017
- CGE Research Seminar today: Launching the Routledge Handbook of English as a Lingua Franca 11/10/2017
- New Italian film season starts today: Veloce come il vento (Matteo Rovere, 2016) 09/10/2017
- Become a Global Citizen – Learn a language at Southampton! 07/09/2017
- Try a language taster at our Lifelong Learning Taster Day 11/08/2017
- Modern Languages graduation today! 19/07/2017
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
Tag Archives: Lifelong Learning
Thinking of starting a new language, or progressing your language skills in the new academic year? If so, why not join us for our Lifelong Learning Taster Day on Saturday 16th September 2017 from 10am to 4pm at Avenue Campus? You can participate in a short taster course in French, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Polish or Chinese, and meet some of our tutors.
The event is free of change. You can register for sessions online, and bookings for the taster day will close at 6pm on Monday 11th September. Please email email@example.com with any queries.
Lifelong Learning at the University of Southampton has announced that it will be offering a 15-hour intensive language programme this summer, which will take place over five evenings between Monday 27th June and Wednesday 15th July, between 18:00 and 21:00.
The course is aimed at those with no prior knowledge of the language, and will focus on skills required in a range of everyday situations. The course will also provide useful cultural information for tourists and business travellers, and is well suited to those who will be visiting the country, or who wish to try learning a language before registering for a longer course. This year, the languages on offer are: Russian, German, Chinese, Italian, Japanese, Spanish and French.
Booking is now open for a new series of Modern Languages Lifelong Learning courses starting in January. Languages include Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, English as a Foreign Language, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Spanish and Portuguese. The courses on offer are ‘b’ courses, which follow on from 20 hours of previous study (so are not suitable for beginners).
To find out more about the language stages, pricing and to book your place, visit the Lifelong Learning website.
Don’t miss your chance to book your place on the new series of Modern Languages Lifelong Learning evening classes, starting next week!
We are very excited to be offering 13 languages this year: Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, English as a Foreign Language, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Spanish and Portuguese. Staff and students of the University are eligible for discounts.
To find out more and book your place, visit the Lifelong Learning website.
Come to Building 65 on the Avenue Campus to find out more about lifelong learning courses at the University of Southampton. An open evening will be held on Tuesday 8th September from 6:30 till 8:30 for anyone interested in signing up for a course or study day. Here are some options on offer for you to carry on learning:
We are very excited to be able to offer 13 languages this year! They include: Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, English as a Foreign Language, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Spanish and Portuguese.
These courses are generally 6-8 weeks during university term time and are designed to allow development of knowledge and interest on a particular topic, and are accessible and open to all. Topics include: Archaeology, Art, Creative Writing, Film, Jewish Studies, History, Philosophy, Politics and Sociology.
For people who have less time to commit to a longer course or who are beginning to explore an interest in a particular topic, we host a series of one-day cultural events, consisting of talks led by experts within the University on a particular theme. We are pleased to be offering a wide selection of study days in 2015/2016, which are open to all. Topics include History, Archaeology, Science, Jewish Studies, Medicine and more.
For more information, visit the Lifelong Learning website.
Lifelong Learning at the University of Southampton has recently announced an expanded programme for the coming semester, to include Modern Languages evening classes in 13 different languages, including Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, English as a Foreign Language, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Spanish and Portuguese. Language stages are divided into three blocks across the year, running from October 2015 to April 2016.
University staff and students are eligible for discounted rates. To find out more about the language stages, pricing and to book your place, visit the University’s Lifelong Learning pages.
Don’t forget to book your place on one of this year’s University of Southampton Lifelong Learning Modern Languages intensive summer courses before the booking deadline of 19 June. Courses are 15 hours in total. They are aimed at learners with no knowledge of the language, and are particularly useful for those who need the skills to survive in the country in different everyday situations.
Visit the Lifelong Learning website for further details about the courses, and information on how to book your place.
Lifelong Learning at the University of Southampton is offering intensive modern language courses during the summer of 2015. These 15 hour courses are aimed at learners with no knowledge of the language, who would like to develop survival skills in everyday situations for business or leisure travel. The languages available are French, Italian, Chinese, Russian, German, Spanish and Japanese.
The next set of evening classes will begin at the end of June. To find out more information about these courses, including how to book your place online, visit the Lifelong Learning website.
If you have recently taken the ‘A’ and ‘B’ Lifelong Learning language evening course, now is the perfect time to expand your skills! University of Southampton Lifelong Learning has launched its programme for the coming semester, to include language stage ‘C’ classes in a range of languages. Please note that these classes are not suitable for beginners – further beginners classes will begin in October 2015.
For further information on the Modern Languages Lifelong Learning programme, including how to sign up for classes and information on discounts available to University staff and students, visit the University’s Lifelong Learning pages.