- Become a Global Citizen – Learn a language at Southampton! 07/09/2017
- Try a language taster at our Lifelong Learning Taster Day 11/08/2017
- Modern Languages graduation today! 19/07/2017
- Southampton launches new EMI MOOC 26/06/2017
- Next TNS seminar: ‘Linguistics, Ethnography and Identities’ 16/06/2017
- Modern Languages and Linguistics to host Year 8 Able Linguist Days 05/06/2017
- EUROCALL Early Bird registration extended 01/06/2017
- Make the most of Early Bird registration for EUROCALL! 25/05/2017
- Next CLLEAR seminar: “How the glottal stop starts: examining children’s use of a rapidly expanding variable” 24/05/2017
- Free intensive Chinese courses for students and staff 18/05/2017
- Next CLLEAR seminar: “The relative effects of isolated and combined structured input and structured output on the acquisition of the English causative forms” – SEMINAR CANCELLED 11/05/2017
- Top 10 position for Linguistics in 2018 Complete University Guide 05/05/2017
- Next CLLEAR seminar: “Heritage Language Reversal: The Production of Articles and Voice Onset Time (VOT) by Japanese Returnees” 02/05/2017
- Next TNS seminar: “A researcher’s tale: Revisiting research through the eyes of a camera and a diverse public” 28/04/2017
- Modern Languages and Linguistics welcomes potential future students for visit day 26/04/2017
- Registration now open for EuroCALL 2017 conference! 21/04/2017
- Happy Easter from Languages at Southampton! 12/04/2017
- Modern Languages and Linguistics to host GASLA 14 conference 30/03/2017
- Modern Languages and Linguistics to host workshop on eye tracking in linguistics 23/03/2017
- Next TNS seminar: “Family stories: the relationship between narrator and listener” 22/03/2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
Tag Archives: Spanish
Don’t miss your chance to book your place on the new series of Modern Languages Lifelong Learning evening classes, starting next week!
We are very excited to be offering 13 languages this year: Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, English as a Foreign Language, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Spanish and Portuguese. Staff and students of the University are eligible for discounts.
To find out more and book your place, visit the Lifelong Learning website.
The Southampton Language Opportunity is offering a new range of language courses for students in the new academic year, giving students the chance to learn a language free of charge alongside their degree.
The classes do not offer a formal qualification or provide credits, but are ideal for those wanting to start a new language or polish up on previous skills. Languages being offered from October 2015 include French, German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Greek, Ancient Greek, Latin, Russian, Japanese, Mandarin Chinese, Portuguese, Arabic, and Polish. Students will be able to book onto courses during Freshers’ Week.
To find out more, visit the Southampton Language Opportunity website.
Lifelong Learning at the University of Southampton has recently announced an expanded programme for the coming semester, to include Modern Languages evening classes in 13 different languages, including Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, English as a Foreign Language, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Spanish and Portuguese. Language stages are divided into three blocks across the year, running from October 2015 to April 2016.
University staff and students are eligible for discounted rates. To find out more about the language stages, pricing and to book your place, visit the University’s Lifelong Learning pages.
Students will participate in a mini-project in French, German or Spanish, and will have the opportunity to try a new language such as Portuguese or Chinese, plus hear a talk about languages about how they can be useful in the world of work.
For further information about these events, visit the Routes into Languages website.
Wishing all of our visitors this week an enjoyable visit to Avenue Campus!
Lifelong Learning at the University of Southampton is offering intensive modern language courses during the summer of 2015. These 15 hour courses are aimed at learners with no knowledge of the language, who would like to develop survival skills in everyday situations for business or leisure travel. The languages available are French, Italian, Chinese, Russian, German, Spanish and Japanese.
The next set of evening classes will begin at the end of June. To find out more information about these courses, including how to book your place online, visit the Lifelong Learning website.
Around 70 potential future Modern Languages students will be visiting the University today, Tuesday 20 January 2015 for a Year 12 Languages Study Day, run by Modern Languages at the University of Southampton. The event is for Year 12 students who are thinking about studying languages at university. There are sessions on cultural topics, grammar and speaking in French, German or Spanish, plus the chance to do a taster class in a new language and attend a talk on languages and careers.
To find out more about Humanities visit days, visit the Humanities website.
TES Connect has reported on a prediction by Andrew Hall, the chief executive of exam board AQA, that Spanish is soon likely to become ‘the most commonly-taught foreign language in UK schools’. The report follows this year’s GCSE results, which showed an increase of more than 20,000 Spanish GCSE entries since 2012.
To read the full article, visit the TES Connect website.
French and Iberian language disciplines now both figure in the top 10 for their section of the Complete University Guide, boosting the University of Southampton’s overall position to 16th in the recently published table.
Prospective students for these disciplines in Modern Languages may wish to look at Get Ready for Languages, to explore some of the reasons for our success!
Starting in June, sign up to do an intensive language course in French, German, Italian, Mandarin Chinese, or Spanish. All aimed at beginners. Get ready for world travel!
Find out more information at the Lifelong Learning Intensive Summer Courses page.
The University of Southampton Voices, the University’s community choir, will be taking part in a concert tonight given by the internationally-renowned singer, Clara Sanabras, along with Turner Sims Professor of Music, Harvey Brough. The concert will be at 8pm, at the Turner Sims concert hall, on Highfield Campus.