- Next CLLEAR seminar: Beyond Borders, Beyond Words: Issues & Challenges in Developing An Open-Access Multimodal Corpus of L2 Academic English from A Sino-British University 08/01/2018
- Charity football match – over £800 raised! 08/12/2017
- Next TNS seminar: ‘German and its Worlds: Situating the National and the Transnational in Teaching and Research’ 06/12/2017
- CGE Research Seminar on 6th December: Exploring Brazilian teachers’ attitudes to an ELF-oriented pedagogy 04/12/2017
- Italian film showing today: In guerra per amore (PIF, 2016) 27/11/2017
- Italian film showing today: Se Dio vuole (Edoardo Falcone, 2015) 20/11/2017
- Next TNS seminar: ‘On Cultural Transnationalisms: The case of World(-)literatures in Portuguese’ 16/11/2017
- Italian film showing today: Smetto quando voglio – Masterclass (Sydney Sibilia, 2017) 13/11/2017
- Italian film showing today: Il bell’Antonio (Mauro Bolognini, 1960) 06/11/2017
- From Afrikaans and Albanian to Yoruba and Zulu – with a range of more commonly learnt languages in-between 03/11/2017
- CGE Research Seminar on 8th November: English as a Lingua Franca and language assessment: Challenges and opportunities 03/11/2017
- Italian film showing today: Che vuoi che sia / What’s the Big Deal (Edoardo Leo, 2016) 30/10/2017
- Italian film showing today: L’Onorevole Angelina / Angelina (Luigi Zampa, 1947) 23/10/2017
- Next CLLEAR seminar: The effects of structured-input and structured-output tasks on the acquisition of English causative 17/10/2017
- Italian film showing today: La bella società (Gian Paolo Cugno, 2010) 16/10/2017
- Welcome to our University Open Day! 13/10/2017
- CGE Research Seminar today: Launching the Routledge Handbook of English as a Lingua Franca 11/10/2017
- New Italian film season starts today: Veloce come il vento (Matteo Rovere, 2016) 09/10/2017
- Become a Global Citizen – Learn a language at Southampton! 07/09/2017
- Try a language taster at our Lifelong Learning Taster Day 11/08/2017
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
Tag Archives: symposium
Do you make innovative use of technology in language teaching and learning? Have you been experimenting with MOOCs and wish to share your experiences? Do you use social networking sites, virtual worlds or mobile technology with your language students? Are you engaging students in the creation or use of open educational resources?
If so, don’t miss this opportunity to submit your proposal for a presentation, workshop or poster for the 10th annual University of Southampton e-learning symposium, organised by the Centre for Language, Linguistics and Area Studies (LLAS), taking place on 22 and 23 January 2015. The deadline for submissions is Monday 13 October 2014.
For further details about the event and guidance on submissions, visit the LLAS website.
The 10th University of Southampton e-learning symposium, organised by the Centre for Language, Linguistics and Area Studies (LLAS), will take place at the University of Southampton from 22-23 January 2015.
For updates on this event, keep an eye on the Languages at Southampton blog!
Celebrating Professor Rosamond Mitchell’s academic career at the ‘Language Learning In and Out of the Classroom’ symposium
Staff and students from Modern Languages at Southampton will be amongst participants at a symposium on Wednesday 18th June 2014 entitled ‘Language Learning In and Out of the Classroom’. The symposium will celebrate the academic career of Professor Rosamond Mitchell, paying tribute to her dedication and many achievements in the fields of Education and Applied Linguistics over the past 40 years. Read more…
‘Contemporary Central and South-East European Cinema in Transition’ – Postgraduate symposium tomorrow
A one-day postgraduate symposium on ‘Contemporary Central and South-East European Cinema in Transition’ will take place tomorrow, Friday 23rd May 2014 from 10:00-18:00 in Lecture Theatre B, Avenue Campus, University of Southampton. Read more…
A one day symposium to celebrate the academic career of Professor Rosamond Mitchell will take place on 18 June 2014.
The symposium will pay tribute to Ros’s achievements in the fields of Education and Applied Linguistics over the past 40 years. The event will include an overview of Ros’s career by Professor Florence Myles, a series of talks on the theme of foreign language teaching and learning and a round table discussion about the future of language learning and teaching.
For anyone who missed this year’s University of Southampton e-learning symposium, organised by the Centre for Languages, Linguistics and Area Studies (LLAS), a selection of recorded sessions are now available via our YouTube channel. Visit the LLAS YouTube playlist for further details.
The 9th annual University of Southampton E-Learning Symposium, at the University’s Avenue Campus on 23rd and 24th January 2014, was a resounding success! There was a real buzz around the Avenue Campus amongst the delegates who attended from all around the country. Congratulations to the organising team in the Centre for Languages, Linguistics and Area Studies (LLAS), and to all those who contributed to this event. We are looking forward to celebrating the 10th E-Learning Symposium next year!
A large number of the sessions, including the keynote talks, were recorded. Recordings will be available shortly via the LLAS website.
Register to attend the University of Southampton E-Learning Symposium before Monday 20th January to guarantee your place at this popular event!
The University’s 9th annual e-learning symposium will be taking place on 23rd/24th January 2014 at University of Southampton, Avenue Campus. The aim of the symposium is to seek to bridge the gap between the ‘techie’ and the teacher, giving educators ideas to help them integrate e-learning into their practice but also to inspire them to see where the online future could lead.
For a full programme, information about keynote speakers, and to register, visit the LLAS website.
Don’t forget to register for the University of Southampton E-Learning Symposium before Monday 20th January 2014 to secure your place at this popular event!
The University’s 9th annual e-learning symposium will be taking place on 23rd/24th January 2014 at University of Southampton, Avenue Campus. The aim of the symposium is to seek to bridge the gap between the ‘techie’ and the teacher, giving educators ideas to help them integrate e-learning into their practice but also to inspire them to see where the online future could lead. The symposium is always well-attended by practitioners from a wide range of disciplines and institutions.
The Institute for Language and Culture (ILC) in Modern Languages at the University of Southampton is hosting its one-day symposium on ‘New Directions for Research in Language and Culture’ tomorrow, Wednesday 6 November 2013